Monday, January 26, 2009

Seriously - So Glad Jake is Home

So.. Jake was gone for an entire week.  I have to say I have a new respect for my sister Teri, who has to do this for an entire year while her husband is gone with the military.  Most days went pretty good... but for some reason that "are you serious" moment almost always happens to me on Sundays.  Maybe  it is because I rarely take my kids out in public if I have to juggle all three of them alone.  I almost threw in the towel and went home after Trey's third tantrum and that many trips out to the hall.


This sketch doesn't even come close to how stressed I was feeling.  Trey was extra grumpy because he had a lousy nap and a late night.  He hadn't eaten lunch because he woke up right before we left.  He didn't want the cheese I brought him and kept yelling for a cookie at the top of his lungs.  I was juggling snacks, coloring books and whining kids.  We arrived later than normal, so we had to sit in the back on fold up chairs (I was happy that at least we were near a door and I didn't have to walk in front of too many people repeatedly).  To top it all of I had decided to wear a button up dress.  I saw it in my closet and thought "hmmm I haven't worn that dress for so long" -- As soon as I got to church I remembered why!  UGH--  The buttons kept coming open and it is hard to do up buttons and juggle at the same time. 

I thought if I can just make it through the first hour, I can take the kids to class and relax a while.  When I took Trey to the nursery I noticed there was not a second person in there.  I had substituted the past 2 weeks and vaguely remembered they had said 2 or 3.  Needless to say, I did not get a relaxing break for the next 2 hours (although I better add that the kids were pretty well behaved-- so not too many complaints there).

Here is another picture of what happens when Jake is away --
My bed gets overrun even more than normal.  My mom used to let us sleep in her bed if my dad was away.  So I told the girls if they were good all week they could sleep in my bed over the weekend.  I guess Scotty thought he was invited too.

All I can say is --- Jake is home!  

No comments: