Thursday, April 23, 2009

Seriously - Never So Sought After

Being the "Plain Jane" person that I am, growing up I used to think it would be great if I were so sought after that two people would fight over my time and attention.... Well, lately I have realized that being fought over isn't as wonderful as I imagined it would be.

In public places with my arms full, both Tamsyn and Trey want me to carry them.  I feel like a scratching post.
 Trying to read, watch t.v. or relax in any way results with the two munchkins fighting for the best spot on my lap.
Family prayer is a battle because they both want to kneel under me and neither of them want the other one anywhere near (this sketch doesn't do the real moment justice...  it looks WAY too peaceful -- and believe me it is anything but.)

I guess I should relish the time that my kids want my attention, because people always remind me that soon, I will be begging for their attention.  Lucky for them -- when that time comes I doubt I will be clawing, kicking, pushing and climbing all over them.

I had to add this last sketch on -- THIS IS ANOTHER REASON I LOVE HAVING GRANDMA COME FOR A VISIT :) -- 
Someone else gets to be the sought after one for a few days and I get a little peace.

No comments: