Monday, September 12, 2011

No Drawings Necessary

GOOD IDEA - Walking to church on a beautiful Sunday morning

 BAD IDEA - Wearing shoes that I haven't taken out of the closet for at least 5 years

I guess when you only shop at the "high end" places like I do -- you don't get the kind of quality that can stand the test of time.  These shoes started crumbling about a quarter of a mile into our walk and it just kept getting worse with each step.  At first I thought that the straps were just going to pop, and then it looked like I had a flat tire-- finally the heal came crumbling off and all we could do was laugh as I crossed the road hobbling to the stake center.

So if you saw me barefoot at stake conference... 
Yup - you now understand.

5 comments:

MaryKai said...

That is awesome! My closet probably looks a lot like yours! Thanks for sharing.

Carola said...

They were cute shoes. How was the walk home?

Alyce said...

I always love your Mom's comments. So...how was the walk home?

Vicki said...

Jake found me a ride when he was walking the halls with our fussy 10 month old

Catalina said...

I have to laugh because my best friend, Bree, and I have this conversation all of the time about being barefoot in church. I do not know a single Mormon female who has not been barefoot in church at least once (and most I know have done it repeatedly) :)